Tuesday, January 19, 2010

STRIVE'S INTERVIEW WITH SRAM




WHAT’S THE STORY BEHIND YOUR NAME?

As a kid the name MARS caught on. My family calls me Mars friends etc. for short off my birth name so that's how i started with the name. At the time for some reason when i wanted to jump on the name there was lots of cats trying to write it
MARS so what i did was just flip it around SRAM and that's how my graff name came to be.


WHAT WAS THE MOST EXCITING NITE YOU HAVE HAD?


Downtown LA we happen to get on a roof top 2 of my boys made it to the top and me and another friend stayed on bottom getting ready to get up, when we hear the bird comin threw then hear cars speeding down the street we were on. I'm guessing the roof top had some kinda alarm. me and my boy at the bottom get in to a box and all that seems to fit is our heads and backs so our asses are sticking out i see the bright white light right on us looked amazing to tell you the truth. we stay in one spot with out moving at all and they seem not to be able to see us. I'm peeking threw the box and right at the gate i see a couple cops. what they didn't know is the gate was open you could just push it right down the rail. they stay there for a while. and we just stay in one place. so time rolls by and the po's just roll off. weirdest experience Ive ever had. my boy on the roll also happen to just freeze in one place and the bird couldn't see them i never forget that night.

WHAT INSPIRES YOU WHEN YOU PAINT?

This is a hard one. i would say i inspire my self push my self to do it.. I'm really happy at the end of a finished product. so id say I've inspired my self to do these pieces because i know it makes me feel good at the end of the day to see the accomplishment.


HOW DOSE YOUR FAMILY REACT TO YOUR ART?


My family has always been down with it. i guess at the time when i was really on the streets for a while they didn't like that to much. they always seem to have supportive of it tho.


HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT GRAFFITI AND IT BECOMING A FINE ART

I feel good about it. there is allot of really talented artist in graff. sometimes I'm surprised at some that i would have had no idea they did anything alse. they deserve to be on top with a mixture of graff and fine art


HOW DO YOU FEEL THE GENERAL PUBLIC FEELING TOWARD YOUR ART WHEN YOU TELL THEM YOU’RE A GRAFFITI ARTIST?


Well the way its pushed out there they show it off as something really bad. i guess in some aspects it is but there are good ones but its is usually only promoted in one way and its the bad one.Some people don't really care till i show them some work and there just surprised. i think when i tell them I'm a graffiti artist they think I'm Rollin down the street just tagging on shit.


ANY SHOT OUTS
?

To every one trying to get out there and do there thing. and doing it right. My peeps my crews they know who they are. ha Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment