Saturday, July 6, 2013

I know my art is just a drop in the ocean.

One of my custom orders "Never Bow Down




I saw on yahoo that the worst degree to get was in Arts, good thing I didn’t get a degree, practiced hands on, every day for; I don’t even know how many days. It’s tough I guess, if you don’t eat sleep and breathe it. Sometimes, I think of something and I paint it before I forget. Classify it as inspiration. I call it dedication. I do it because I LOVE to do it. Sometimes it pays the bills yes and sometimes it pays my nights out, But mostly it pays my art supplies to keep going and keep moving, I believe a true artist will never say “I used to do art”. I know my art is just a drop in the ocean, but I do it anyways. Hoping it creates a small puddle, for you to stumble across my art. What legacy will I leave if I get a 9 to 5 job go home and watch TV.  Sounds boring to me, and a little dead inside, if you ask me.  Explaining to my kids 40 years from now "should've, could've, would've, done this. I don’t call it a hobby; I don’t call it a career, more an addiction. There’s worst thing I could be addicted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment