Thursday, July 4, 2013

Out of the darkness

Out of the darkness
                It was just a regular day as i got off of work, first picture i saw as go on to Instagram. Honestly i didn't know who she was when i first saw the picture, She had transformed her hair, cut away into this short rocker style hair cut, Loved the picture wanted to paint it right of the bat, I know her personally and knew her story of whats going on, Some person had broken her wrist and she seem like she was getting rid of the past and starting new, but life is more complex then the eye meets, Got home around 12:00 pm thought about it again, I said if i don't paint it now i never will, texted asked her to send me the picture earlier no reply, only option was to look at my phone. So here i go again of to my studio to paint in the middle of the night, grabbed my spray paint and set up outside, My studio on a busy main street and the crazy homeless people looking at me like i was crazy. It was dark out under the street lights i painted the background, "Out of the darkness this complex background" was made, just like her story, In the picture she looked elegant, poised, ready to conquer, maybe her own fears, there was a sadness in her eye's but i fail to capture that, its hard to paint sadness when you admire that person,

 "People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in,
their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within"





No comments:

Post a Comment